Wow, that was information overload! In a good way! First and foremost a HUGE thank you to Distilled for putting on such an amazing event! Another HUGE thank you to SEOmoz and Distilled for giving me a pass to the conference after I published my blog about it and promised to get a Mozbot tattoo (and yes I totally did it! Watch the video!).
The conference, in my mind, was a huge success. The caliber of speakers was unmatched, Will Critchlow, Marshall Simmonds, Rand Fishkin, Dharmesh Shah, Kate Morris, just to name a few! The caliber of the delegates was amazing as well! SEO professionals from all over the world flocked to Boston to take part in the advanced conference, and their level of expertise was apparent!
The biggest take away for me was all the tools and great stuff that was shared, I put most of it here in this post - Lot’s-O-Links, and I will add to it as more blogs and slide decks become available. Also, a major theme throughout the conference was ‘Do It Better’. You don’t need to reinvent the wheel, see what has come before you, see what the competition is doing, and do it better!
SEO is a rapidly changing industry and still can have a bad rap, but I think that is changing. Especially with the implementation this year of Panda and digital marketers and SEOs taking the time to learn more about the social and buzz and what users expect and want. PRO SEO touched upon so many of these changing topics, from panda, to html 5, to new ways to think about link building and keywords. I can only see positive movement from here!
For me this conference was a jumping off point to learn more and develop a community of learning and curiosity within my organization. I am excited to implement many of the things I have learned and see where they take me. Furthermore I look forward to not only cultivating relationships with the amazing people I met, but also attending more events like this that can not only broaden my horizons, but improve our field as a whole. Thank you again to everyone who made this experience so rewarding and happy rankings to you all!
***UPDATE*** This tactic worked! I am going to the PRO Conference! Check out my follow up post on the Power of Persistence! And yes! I did get the mozbot tattoo!
I really want to go to the SEOmoz Advanced SEO conference in Boston May 16 & 17 2011. I have been doing SEO and Digital marketing for a couple years now and I have been using the SEOmoz software. I would love the opportunity to go, alas money is tight. even with the Pro Account discount of 200 dollars, I just cant afford to swing the $799 to go. I asked my super supportive boss if the company would send me, but as much as he would like to send me, there just isn’t enough money in the budget. I asked my loving fiance, but again, we are paying for a wedding, there is no money left over to pay for a conference pass. So I am at a loss. I have resorted to begging SEOmoz to just give me a pass, and I need your support! Here are the 10 best reasons why I should go!
1. As a digital marketer and SEO specialist it is super important to stay up to date on industry trends
2. I am very passionate and I love the SEOmoz product, I will be a huge evangelist for SEOmoz, especially if given a free pass
3. I adore Roger Mozbot, he is my most favorite mascot of all time. I will even volunteer to wear a Mozbot costume throughout the conference
4. I will do everything in my power to drive more guests to future SEOmoz events and conferences
5. I will allow SEOmoz to use space on my truck to advertise their services
6. I will RT every SEOmoz blog for the rest of eternity
7. I promise to live tweet incessantly from the conference with the intent to promote SEOmoz
8. I am willing to change my last name to Mozbot
9. I will get a Mozbot tattoo and allow it to be filmed to be shared on YouTube
10. I will not stop begging until you give me a pass!